Measuring, analyzing, optimizing
Correct and consistent CtP imaging is more than ever an important basis for fast color matching. Digital plate imaging is affected by numerous influencing variables. Regular metrological checks prevent costly errors and uncertainty that often only show up during the production run and lead to customer complaints.
- The fastest measuring system for printing plate characteristic curves
- One measurement records a characteristic curve with 20 half-tone steps
- Characteristic curve portrayal in an Isocontours® diagram
- Integrated Eurostandard System Brunner® reference curves
- Individual reference curves can be set
- No restrictions for AM and FM screen technologies
- Independent of RIP, CtP system and type of printing plate
The fastest CtP measuring system
Plate Checker is the fastest printing plate measuring system and extremely suitable for calibration and monitoring of digital plate imaging. The transfer characteristic curves are recorded with the aid of ?? halftone steps on the Plate Zebra-strip®. Besides that, multiple measurements made at different positions very quickly detect variations within the plate format.
Controlled tone value transfer
Tone value transfer quality compared with the prescribed print standard is easily visualized in an Isocontours® diagram. Plate Checker already contains up to ? Globalstandard?/?Eurostandard System Brunner® reference curves for different screen rulings, screen types (AM/FM) and plate types. Individual reference curves can be defined as well.
Computer-to-Plate is influenced by a variety of parameters such as Raster Image Processor (RIP), laser, focus, resolution, plate type, the development process, plate baking, screen ruling, and screen dot model. This is why every process step that can influence the end result must be controlled and monitored. The quality of screen dot reproduction on the plate and finally on the substrate determines print quality and is an important prerequisite for standardized print production.